Check Out the 2018 Vista Lights Participants!
November 06, 2018
2018 Vista Lights Participants
NEW in the Vista
- 929 Kitchen & Bar (929 Gervais St.) - Special event menu all night, bar and food discounts. Don’t miss the DJ, snow blower, lights and giveaways.
- COA Agaveria y Cocina (823 Lady St.) - Visit the restaurant for full bar and menu and check out Coa at the Lincoln Street Tunnel entrance for chocolate abuelita (Mexican hot chocolate), conchitas (Mexican pastry), and tamales.
- Escapology (717 Lady St.) - Light refreshments inside our Lady St. location and visit the hot seat on Lincoln near the Kid’s Zone.
- Freshe Poke (1102 Huger St.) - 25% off any bowl.
- Kao Thai Cuisine (1001 Senate St.) - Offering authentic Thai coconut chicken soup, braised Beef noodle soup, and $2 Sapporo pints at the Kao Thai pop-up location on Park St. Enjoy free gyoza dumpling appetizers inside the restaurants on Senate St.
- R3 Recovery Studio (929 Gervais St. Suite E) - Discounted B12 injections (4 for $55), 15% off immunity drips through cold/flu season, and goody bags filled with treats.
- Rocket Fizz (929 Gervais St. Suite C) - Spin the wheel for special deals on candy and buy two small bags and get one free.
- smallSUGAR (709 Gervais St.) -Offering pastries, desserts, hot chocolate and mulled wine.
Shop (locally) ‘til you drop
- Backpacker Quality Gear (1215 Wayne St.) - Light refreshments and 15% of all full price merchandise.
- Bella Bridesmaids (911 Lady St.) - Pure Barre exercise class for Vista Lights and a pop-up floral market from Cricket Newman Designs.
- ByFarr Design (504 Gervais) - Letterpress demonstrations and holiday stationary sales, food, drinks, and live music for everyone.
- Carol Saunders Gallery (1003 Gervais St.) - Special gallery artists, exhibition, new jewelry by Carolyn Morris Bach; and unique art glass holiday gifts.
- City Art (1224 Lincoln St.) - Enjoy the 2018 South Carolina Watermedia Society on display in the main gallery; Patricia Moore-Pastides book signing from 5-7 p.m., Cindy Saad’s hand-crafted jewelry, Angel Allen’s ceramic works, and Thomas O'Brien’s paintings and live discussion.
- Columbia, SC Visitor Center (1101 Lincoln St.) - Check out the new visitors center, purchase SC Christmas ornaments, and sip on free hot beverages.
- CPR Cell Phone Repair (506 Gervais St.)- Offering $20 off all phone repairs over $100 and $10 off any repair over $50.
- DMR Fashion (617 Lady St.) - Enjoy 20% off total purchase and light refreshments.
- Ellen Taylor Interior + Design (1012 Gervais St.) - Featuring new local artists and craftsmen, product discounts and serving wine in our gallery.
- if ART Gallery (1223 Lincoln St.) - Featuring Water Memory by Michaela Pilar Brown; refreshments and a showing of works by the late Laura Spong and other local artists.
- Imagine This Boutique (717 Lady St., Suite. C) - Offering light bites and wine with 15% discount on select items. Open until 8:30 p.m.
- Peanut Man (1215 Lincoln St.) - Live music from Freeway Music and offering tasty samples.
- Lewis and Clark (1001 Huger St.) - Three galleries and 13 art studios will be featuring fine art, craft, live music, and refreshments. Danny Hanson will be showing jewelry featured on The Vikings TV series.
- One Eared Cow Glass (1001 Huger St.) - Light snacks and refreshments, live glass blowing demonstrations, and local, live music.
- River Runner Outdoor Center (905 Gervais St.) - 20% off merchandise (excluding Hobie products) while enjoying holiday jazz music.
- Urban Outfitters (912 Gervais St) - Shop ‘til you drop, open until 10 p.m.
- Whit Ash (919 Gervais St.) - Sip on light refreshments and hot cider until 8 p.m.
Mix and Mingle
- Aloft Hotel (823 Lady St.) - Hot chocolate outside and drink specials at WXYZ bar.
- Paul Mitchell (700 Gervais St.) - Enjoy hot chocolate, cider and cookies, free quick glam services including holiday braids, holiday makeup, kids face painting, facial waxing, 15% off regular products and $5 clip in hair extensions.
- Regions Bank (1010 Gervais St.) - Offering food, apple cider, and liquor samples from Hollow Creek Distillery and live music.
- SC Doors (1237 Gadsden Street, St.102) - Drawings for monogrammed cabinet knobs, gift certificates, and festive snacks.
- SC Pedal Parlor - Offering discount vouchers, free Pedal Parlor stadium cups, and candy, parked on Lincoln Street near Blue Marlin.
- SC Pride (931–D Senate Street) - Free beverages and DJ.
- Studio Cellar (912 Lady St.) – Freestyle painting and drinks at the paint bar, complimentary hot cocoa bar and $5 glass ornament painting. Check out the large canvas outside and help create a community painting.
- Stormwater Studios (413 Pendleton St.) - Featuring a stunning group show “Down by the River,” and the live music of Gatlinburg’s Pea Pickin’ Hearts. Rachel Gibson & Jon Ives are back with their wonderfully quirky Americana mash-up.
- Two Gals and a Fork Food Tours – Offering sweet snacks next to the Hyatt Place Hotel. Don’t miss out on the drawing for a complimentary night at the Hyatt and two Vista food tour tickets.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
- Art Bar (1211 Park St.) - Happy hour from 5 - 8 p.m. with 25% off all drinks. Enjoy complimentary grilled hot dogs, Korean style chicken, and “Useless Trivia” at 8 p.m.
- Blue Marlin (1200 Lincoln St.) - Shrimp and grits samples, photo booth and cash bar available in The Vista Room including holiday themed drinks.
- Casual Pint (807 Gervais St.) 0 Stop by the beer and wine trailer and get 10% off t-shirts.
- Cupcake DownSouth (1213 Lincoln St.) - Specialty hot chocolate cupcake, fun gifts and stocking stuffers available for sale.
- Gervais and Vine (620 Gervais St.) - French menu, live music, and $20 Beaujolais bottles.
- Grill Marks (711 Gervais St.) - Warm up with sliders and chowder and outdoor party in the alleyway.
- Kaminsky’s (930 Gervais St.) - Satisfy your sweet tooth with an assortment of mini pies, cookies, brownies, snickerdoodles, rice krispy treats, blondies, macaroons, cake pops, and more.
- Liberty Tap Room (828 Gervais St.) - $8 shrimp and grits, $7 BBQ mac and cheese, $5 Liberty Lager chili, $5 beer, and $5 wine.
- Longhorn Steakhouse (902 Gervais St.) - Specials on beer outside, free s’mores at the fire pit, and drink specials.
- M Vista (701 Lady St.) - $2 off any sake and $1 off any sushi rolls.
- Mellow Mushroom (1009 Gervais St.) - Select draft beers and $3 pizza slices.
- Newk’s Eatery (707 A Gervais St.) - Enjoy sandwiches and a local reggae band on the patio.
- Old Chicago (802 Gervais St.) - $3 Bud light & Stella Artois pints and $3 cheese and pepperoni pizza slices.
- Panera Bread (933 Gervais St.) - Free chocolate chip cookies with any purchase until 9 p.m.
- Pearlz Oyster Bar (936 Gervais St.) - $5 buffalo popcorn shrimp sliders with blue cheese dressing and house chips, $5 cup of seafood gumbo, $5 draft beer, and $5 wine.
- SakiTumi (807 Gervais St.) - Check out the annual “Gathering in the Alleyway.” Sample food and craft beer and watch local artist Karl Larsen paint live.
- Sure Fire Tacos (916 Gervais St.) - Stop by the tasting station just outside the restaurant.
- Tin Roof (1022 Senate St.) - Come on in … no cover!
- The Oyster Bar (1123 Park St.) - Live music by Etheridge & Kimpton at 8 p.m.
- Twin Peaks (600 Gervais St.) - Buy six boneless wings, get six free, $5 margaritas, and $5 bloody Marys.
- Twisted Spur Brewing (705 Gervais St.) - Enjoy seasonal brews, steamed and raw oysters.
- Vista Union (700 Gervais St.) - Free Stella chalices with every Stella purchase (while supplies last), half off appetizers, $2.50 Bud Light, and $2.50 Shocktop.
- Wild Wing Café (729 Lady St.) - $2 domestics, $3 well drinks, $4 select wine, happy hour acoustics with Wade Gelling, a radio talk show with Will Muschamp and Todd Ellis, and a full night of entertainment with Charles Riley and Dave Love.
Revel & Relax
- Glowout (1202 Park St.) - Offering bubbles and bites, express polish changes, express eye make-up, braid bar, chair massages, brow waxes by Parlour 818, appointment discounts and product and gift card specials.
- Southeastern Esthetics Institute (823 Gervais St.) - Glo & Image swag bags, vouchers for FREE brow sculpting, hot chocolate and cookie bar, $10 skin rejuvenation facials, $10 microdermabrasion, $20 body rituals.
- Studio O2 (801 Gervais St.) - Serving small bites and holiday punch tasting. Don’t miss out on getting triple reward points, holiday shopping promotions, and a huge giveaway for $500 worth of services.
- Vista Spa (514 Gervais St.) - Mini facials, mini massages, massage by the minute, airbrush tan, and gift certificate specials.
Where to Park?
FREE Parking is available in the City Parking Garage behind Aloft at Washington and Lincoln Streets and in the South Carolina State Museum surface parking lot after 5 p.m. The Convention Center shuttle will run from the museum’s lot to Gadsden and Gervais Streets continuously from 5 to 10 p.m. City parking meters are FREE after 6 p.m.
The City Garage next to the Hilton on Park Street is $10 cash only due to a special event at Colonial Life Arena.