Vista Guild Seeks New Executive Director
May 01, 2019
The Congaree Vista Guild seeks a highly motivated, self-starting individual who finds joy in having a direct impact on an organization and its members and is willing to go above and beyond to accomplish the goals of the board of directors.
Currently, the Vista Guild is in transition and is looking for the right person to establish necessary change within the structure of the organization including planning, executing and launching a large event that serves as a revenue generator for the organization. The new executive director will need to demonstrate a history of planning large-scale programs, projects or events and have several years of management experience.
The Executive Director (Ex Dir) of the Congaree Vista Guild (CVG), a 501(c)(6) organization, is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the CVG and is the primary contact within the community. The Ex Dir reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Board, its standing committees, and CVG staff and contractors to ensure that the organization’s mission and vision are clearly defined and followed, and that the organization remains fiscally sound and maintains the highest ethical standards. The Ex Dir will manage, on a daily basis, the operations and maintenance of the Vista Guild office; execute board approved events, policies and decisions; coordinate project activities within the Vista; and promote the vision laid out within the strategic plan of the organization.
The applicant should have 5-8 years of experience in the following areas:
• Leadership and management
• Fundraising or sponsorship management and sales
The applicant must demonstrate a knowledge of or have at least 2-3 years of experience in the following areas:
• Management of major programs, projects or events
• Marketing and communications
• Employee management
• Manage/oversee and implement all administrative aspects of CVG
• Represent CVG at meetings with the city, county and other community groups
• Organize, execute and oversee monthly board meetings, including annual board retreat
• Recruit new members according to annual goals set forth by the board of directors
• Maintain effective, consistent communication with CVG members and non-members using publications, email and personal contact; recruit member involvement in the CVG
• Plan, schedule, coordinate and facilitate regular membership meetings as well as annual holiday party
Marketing and Public Relations:
• Determine overall marketing plan – including advertising - for CVG on an annual basis including general promotion of the district and events
• Use public relations tactics or firms to keep the Vista top of mind within the community and in good standing with news outlets including serving as the spokesperson for the CVG
• Advance the CVG’s public brand though new digital strategies including but not limited to social media
• Determine if/when a marketing agency can be used to facilitate marketing goals and objectives
• Organize and execute all events hosted by the CVG including but not limited to Artista Vista, Vista Lights and Vista after Five
• Work with the board to develop a new event(s) and revenue generating opportunities
Clean and Safe:
• Oversee and manage the Clean and Safe program, its employees and budget
• Request and manage funding from the City of Columbia
Budget and Finance Management:
• Develop and maintain sound financial practices within the organization
• Work with the executive committee in preparing a budget; ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines
• Write the annual Hospitality Tax Grant application and pursue any other applicable grant opportunities
Salary will be in-line with the selected candidate’s abilities. This is an at-will position and is not for a specified term. A monthly allowance as approved by the Board of Directors may be made available to the Ex Dir to be used to defray the costs of a private health insurance policy. The Ex Dir will have use of the following CVG owned equipment to facilitate their responsibilities: a furnished office, a laptop computer and associated software and cell phone. Travel and entertainment reimbursement may be available as pre-approved by the Board of Directors.
Work hours: 40 hours/week minimum. The Ex Dir should anticipate evening and weekend hours to complete the tasks associated with the position.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume (including three references with updated contact information) and salary requirements VIA EMAIL ONLY to Merritt McNeely, President of the Board of Directors, Congaree Vista Guild at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by May 31, 2019.